Friday, January 27, 2012

A fantastic poem...and from someone I work with! I love being surprised about people. This is beautiful work.

Skin

My skin is mine it is not on loan
I met you and felt I had come home.
I got to know you and remembered my name

At last.
I had forgotten myself in the past.
I was trapped in darkness on the shelf
between Repressed Feelings
and Pursuit of Wealth.

You pulled me carefully down
Dusted my cover
Cracked my spine and stood back in wonder

At the magic that erupted
From my open pages
Fire and works never before seen by sages
Conversations continuing beyond ages
Sacred spirits set free from cages.

When our space and souls collide
The laws of nature are useless
The stuff of society seems so stupid

Fear and Anger cannot ruin it
The sickest thought cannot fumigate
This love for life and its human faces,
This love for you written on my pages.

My name is not immune to time
but I have breath that lives beyond life,
Salt on my skin from tears you have cried,
A beat in my heart that has known you’re alive.

- Chloe Sparacino

No comments: